Saturday 3 November 2012

FASHION GUILT

I  forbid myself from blogging until the end of exams, but I thought it would be okay just this once. I need to confess that I am guilty of loving track pants, especially during exams! If it was a crime, I would be punished for finding comfort in track pants, they have become my staple for the next 3 weeks. Is it really still a crime, considering how informal trousers have hit the streets, as a fashion necessity and NO longer just comfort...
Track pants in silk, linen and cotton are being dressed up, with tailored blazers, shirts, statement  jewellery and  high heels. Racing stripes clearly have more then one function, then merely being on a racing track. Dressing up track pants  has become so trendy, that it has surpassed it function of ordinary running gear.
The track pants trend is no longer only a street style, promoted by sport brands like Adidas but has become a favourite on the runway by designers, like Prada. Prada's latest collection's promotes the track pants trend, with Sasha Pivovarova's, wearing metallic platforms and the striped pants with more then a little sparkle. It adds a sporty edge, which can be seen below in their new ad campaign.
Another brand, Juicy Couture is known for their comfy tracksuits. Their spring 2012 collection, is in line with dressing up track pants trend. They sport a more casual trend, the every day girl would be able to capture this look more easily, then the PRADA one above. They have just added a few accessories, with pops of colours to dress up the informal pants.
For a more formal look, add a cropped blazer and heels, with slim fitting track pants to give a tuxedo like appearance(below left). The pants can be rolled under at the ankle to give the illusion of tailoring.
I <3 Stella McCartneys Slouchy fine-knit wool track pants (above right).  I think this is definitely my favourite way to wear track pants, the sporty cuffed pants are  slim-fitting, with the basic layering. Another favourite of mine would be the ADIDAS brands collection, if its not bright track pants, its small details like a button or zip, that make their track pants that much extraordinary...



















The track pants revival might terrify some, as the image of slouchy, not for wearing out dressing comes to mind. The trend makes me feel less guilty in exam mode, because its a clear indication of how the right amount of attention to detail and a bit of sparkle, can turn slacks into a fashion must have. I think i know just how to improve my track pants collection, heels might not be appropriate for exam mode but juxtaposing other dressy items can change up casual wear. 
Feeling inspired and no longer guilty about finding comfort in my track pants loving....
<3 G

No comments:

Post a Comment