Saturday 1 September 2012

Spring into it

Since today is the 1st day of Spring, I think everyone should reflect and embrace the new opportunities are on the arisen...
I thought I would share a few of my own:
I am 2 kilograms lighter, after completing my 4 day protein DIET. It has encouraged me to continue on this path, of becoming a healthier me. I would advise anyone to try it, as a boost towards healthier eating habbits. It helps to cut down on unhealthy fats and carbs. Remember that we all don't show the same results, but keep at it and you'll soon find what works best for you. I went down a dress size, how much more MOTIVATION does one need...
Another positive, is that I was selected to head the MENTORING portfolio of the BLACK LAW STUDENTS FORM. I am honoured to be part of the BLSF, as it is an opportunity to contribute towards transformation in the law faulty. This will allow me to engage and motivate fellow students. Reflecting on my own experinces to help those who face similar strugles in attaining their LLB.
As i start my new chapter with BLSF, I will be ending my term as UCT Photographic Societies Chairperson. PHOTOSOC was an amazing opportunity to grow my leadership skills, inspire and engage with fellow aspiring photographers. Hopefully the legacy of my 2012 team, will encourage the society to grow further. I am grateful to my  2012 TEAMs contributions to our newly Renovated Studio. Teamwork, PLANNING and hard work can achieve anything.
My next adventure is FASHION related.  UCT MSA will host there first Hijabi Fashion Showshowcasing designers and an array of different kinds of 'hijab', from high fashion to casualI will assist with NECCESSITIES scarf sponsorship, CurlyLocks draping and styling of headgear for the designs of Dress Code.The aim is to raise funds for outreach programmes, so please support the tickets are R110. It is on the 8th of September at UCT, come view a FASHIONable contribution towards a worthy cause.
Worthy causes in Fashion can also involve spring cleaning your closet, so I will start with mine tomorrow.  After all we can only appreciate our good fortune, if we give back to those in need. I definitely need to work on less warding.I hope others will be inspired to do the same. You know that feeling you get, when you have bought something new, I want to share that feeling with those in need. So share a little fashion love by giving clothing away.

As Spring, is a time of new beginings I am really grateful for all the new adventures that have come my way and those who are by my side along the journey. I have to show grattitude to my darling RJ, who has driven my carless self around and supported me along these adventures. He is always encouraging me to be the BEst ME that I can be, by guiding and supporting my dreams. 
I intend to embrace these opportunities and grow my potential, but need to maintain FOCUS on my LLB.

HAPPY 1st day of SPRING

STAY DrIven

<3 G




No comments:

Post a Comment