Tuesday 14 August 2012

Summer Anticipation

My Anticipation for Summer has got me thinking about how I am ready to pack away my winter wear. The current weather shifts are so irregular, a clear sign of global warming. I feel like a snowman with my layers, while others are wearing shorts and minis. It may look like a Summers day but don't ever leave your jacket at home because Cape Town wind, never fails to bring cold chills.
In anticipation for Summer I thought I would give you a taste of the 2012 TRENDS that are inspiring me...  
NEON 
Neon has been around to brighten up the dull winter but elements of it can definitely be added to your summer wardrobe, as the colours are bright and fresh. If not for colour blocking maybe a little neon nail paint will be perfect to bring out FUN in Summer...



PASTELS 
Shades of pastel are this Summers most fashionable trend. The colours are soft and comfy, cooling down a sizzling Summers day with wearable flowy dresses and denims.



PEPLUMS
Peplums are oh so heavenly... Definitely a MUST HAVE for every season. I love the fit and how it hides away unwanted curvy areas, sleeking down your silhouette. 

 LACE
Another of my favourite trends it seems to be everywhere from the red carpet to Mr Price. I saw a lace neon mini in Mr Price the other day...Lace is making a come back and is here to stay, transforming as fashion does. I just purchased a lace dress, which I will be sharing with you shortly.  



 FLORAL AND OTHER GEOMETRIC PRINTS
Prints are great, especially with the bright array of trendy colours on offer to liven up any ordinary outfit. They can be found in almost every form of clothing from dresses to denims, a top or scarf. I prefer floral to vegetable prints. Geometric Patterns are also popular ranging from square, rectangle’s, hexagons and ovals. Theses shapes are embedded in the fashion industry, perfect for colour blocking this Summer.



CROCHETS
The antique heritage of Crochet has been revived with the bright colour trends of 2012. It resembles classic style of the Crochet detailing. Crochet Dresses are lovely for lounging by the pool and beach trips.  
 QUIRKY ACCESSORIES
Quirky accessories are always necessary to add to the whimsical feel of Summer, whether it be a tiny retro bag or a pair of shades. Sunglasses are an essential during Summer days, they offer protection and are so interchangeable, like an outfit. For a retro feel a pair of Cat-eye or circular glares with colourful frames, would add a little quirky to your wardrobe.
I am so inspired for Summer...I can not wait to put away my winter wardrobe and create my Summer loving one, filled with elements of the above. I look forward to sharing a little more on pastels, lace and peplums... Summer brings FUN LOVE the Beach TAN Romance RJ loving Lazy but GOOD Days SMILES Colour FASHION and since there is nothing better then a Cape Town Summer...

SUMMER READY...

<3 G

No comments:

Post a Comment