Friday 10 August 2012

Love your flaws

Lights, camera, action...

I was invited to attend a Bio-Oil casting... after sharing my scar story with Beauty Bulletin and Bio-Oil. I was one of 5 woman featured in the Bio-Oil Loveyourflaws Video! It will probably only be 5 seconds of fame for me but I hope my story inspires many women...

I think Bio-oil is synonymous with stretch marks but my story is a little different. I was about 17when a dentist accidentally messed some acid on the side of my lip. It blistered and was terrible, leaving a scar that looked like a birthmark. High school is no place for weird looking scars that make you feel self- conscious. I was so embarrassed, it always felt like people were staring.The most important lesson that I learnt from my scar experience was Self-acceptance. At 17 feeling self-conscious about my scar did make me shy away but now at 23, I can appreciate the lesson of self-acceptance because in every sphere of your life, you will only succeed if you love and accept yourself. So love your flaws because self acceptance is key to a better you...

I am a 100% supporter of bio-oil because after continuous use, the scar is completely gone. Sometimes I can't even remember which side of my face the scar was on... 
A little gift from the Bio-oil team.

I thought I would share my Bio-oil success story as an ode to Women's Day because even though we come in different shapes and sizes, every woman should try to inspire the next... Happy Belated Women's Day ♥ and in the words of Mr. Godfrey Mulaudzi:

"Today we honour, remember and salute all women from all generations who have been part of our struggle and have made significant contributions. We are proud today to say that owing to our mothers and sisters, South Africa is far better off today than she was some decades ago. We therefore use Women's Day as a day of solemn reflection on how far we have come, and what else we must do to ensure the full emancipation of women in all spheres of life. "

Love your flaws self acceptance is key to your own success..

<3 G

No comments:

Post a Comment