Saturday 11 August 2012

Olympic Fever

There is a feeling of patriotism in the air as everyone is very proud of the 
South African 2012 Olympic Team. It is all that is spoken, tweeted and reported about these days.I am feeling very proud to be a South African with all the success achieved by those participating. I am so grateful for my morning updates with my darling RJ because to be out of the loop at a time like this is a bit shameful... 

While everyone has Olympics FEVER, I have been doing my own Olympic training of the academic kind.  Spending my days as if training for academic Olympics that seems never ending but that is the life at Law School.I know that my academic training can not really be compared to that of Olympian training but it is with the end in mind, that academics and Olympians are similar. An Olympian can only dream of a medal whether it be gold, silver or bronze but the moment it is achieved is complete euphoria. Euphoria that can be seen on the golden boys faces of Cameron van der Burgh and Chad Le Clos.
























Motivation to achieve your dreams is always with the end result. Once achieved, the years of dedicated training feel so worth it. I hope to have that same feeling and smile on my face when I obtain my LLB degree. It is that end in mind that makes it worth slaving away. Obtaining this degree is no comparison to winning gold but maybe the completion of a race, considering all the years of training are just to finish the race. I think the 2012 Olympics have been so motivating to finishing my own personal race, that of the LLB. Well done 2012 South African Olympic Team. Your participation in the Olympics has been truly exemplary of what hard work and dedication can achieve, which can be inspiring to motivate us along our own journeys... 

Proudly South African
<3 G

No comments:

Post a Comment