Monday 3 December 2012

every girl needs an LBD

The moment Audrey Hepburn appeared on the silver screen in Givenchy’s Little Black Dress, fashion history was made. The classic LBD became a romantic staple for girls all over the world. Cape Town, party season has arrived, and every girl needs an LBD to add to their wardrobe as a MUST have. Even Barbie has her own LBD Collection. As a Barbie collector, I felt a little jealous that Barbie has so many designer options to choose from. When I look into my cupboard, I feel like I have nothing to wear. I guess it is just that general feeling that most women have.
These stylish Barbies have an array of cute dresses, paired with  trendy heels, haircuts and jewelry. These twelve styles dolls, with their classic dresses can be customised with chic accessories, such as scarves and jewellery.There are always extras with Barbie, how I wish I could still build doll houses and dress my Barbies up, the joys of childhood! 
Barbie is the worlds luckiest girl with a closet full of LBDs, designed by 12 of the world’s top designers. Designers include Deborah Lloyd (Kate Spade), Isaac MizrahiRachel RoyTory BurchAlexis BittarBetsey JohnsonDevi KroellJustin Giunta (Subversive), and Monica BotkierBarbie has always been an icon, manufactured to portray the ideal of femininity. She has become a goddess in the Fashion world, influencing cosmetic adds and breaking derogatory stereotypes of woman. Barbie has come along way since her first appearance in 1959, in her black and white, zebra print swimsuit. That swimsuit would actually be very fashionable today, I would not mind one for Summer. You can check the first Barbie and Barbie Advert made at the below link:
Barbie has always been an icon of style and femininity, she has inspired many young women. She has become a multicultural and cosmopolitan phenomenon, with her varying hairstyles, skin tones and outfits, appealing to many different kinds of people. Most importantly Barbie has always been a friend to many little girls. I hope Barbie, every girl’s favourite doll continues to inspire and if you do not have a LBD, it's by time you get one. Find your perfect LBD, that is stylish and makes you feel like your sparkling. I have a little confession, I have more then eight LBDs but I am still looking for the perfect one...
<3 barbie and LBDs G

No comments:

Post a Comment